A Church planting in Box Hill in 2012

A Church planting in Box Hill in 2012

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life and Death Moments


A few weeks ago I got asked the question- "How do you know if you are good enough to go to Heaven?"

These are the most wonderful and most scary parts of my current job (doing women's and children's ministry).  The question comes up, and immediately the adrenalin starts to course through me.  My mind reels and I think to myself, "Don't stuff this up, say the right thing.  This is a Life and Death moment!"

This was my chance to share the Gospel.  I share it regularly, and I have said it before to this person, but this is a special opening, this plea for hope and security and assurance where there has never been any.  It is a Life or Death moment.

But even as I thrill at the opportunity, even as I quaver, I am reminded that it is God who has given me the chance, and God who gives me the words to say.

I turn to Colossians 1:21-23
"Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel."

"Without blemish and free from accusation".  It is an incredible reality that takes my breath away as I share it.  That God can look at me, sinful and foolish and disobedient and selfish, and can yet see one who is without blemish and free from accusation.  It is mind blowing.

And I am reminded again that this is what I want my life to be about.  Sharing this great message.  And no matter the butterflies that are beginning, as we hit the 5 month before we move to Melbourne and begin to church plant.  This is what our lives are all about.  Moments like this.  This is what church planting is all about- Life and Death moments.

What a privilege!
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment